Living and Learning with Employees:
A Supportive Environment for Faculty and Staff
The Southern community identified the following strategic imperative related to this theme:
- We will strengthen and develop a well-supported workforce in order to better serve our students.
Goal 1. Recruit and retain a high-quality faculty and staff.
Task Force: Bob Young, Doug Frood
- Optimize wages for faculty and staff
- Optimize benefits for faculty and staff
- Maintain Southern as a ‘Best Place to Work’
Employees Who Learn and Grow
Goal 2: Improve job satisfaction through the support and development of our employees
Employee Development Committee: Vinita Sauder, chair
- Study and implement leadership development programs for university leaders
- Study and implement training programs for employees
- Support development efforts already underway (i.e. retreats for administrative assistants)
- Enhance general employee orientation program with focus on university mission and values