Southern Adventist University is accredited by
- the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award to award one-year certificates, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Southern Adventist University.
- the Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities
Southern Adventist University is also a member of
- the Association of American Colleges
- the American Council on Education
- the Tennessee College Association
- the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- the Council of Independent Colleges
Schools and departments of the university are also accredited by various organizations.
- The Associate of Science, Bachelor of Science, and Master of Science degree programs in nursing are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30326). The Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program is in approved candidacy status with ACEN, awaiting initial accreditation.The School of Nursing is an agency member of the Council of Baccalaureate and Higher Degree Programs and the Council of Associate Degree Programs of the National League for Nursing. The School of Nursing is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing.
- The School of Nursing is an agency member of the Council of Baccalaureate and Higher Degree Programs and the Council of Associate Degree Programs of the National League for Nursing.
- The School of Nursing is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing.
Education and Psychology
- The School of Education and Psychology teacher education program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- The university is approved by the Tennessee State Board of Education for the preparation of secondary and elementary teachers.
- The School of Music program is accredited by the National Association for Schools of Music.
- The Long-Term Care Administration program is accredited by the National Association of Boards of Examiners of Long-Term Care Administrators.
- The School of Business and Management is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
- The Social Work program is accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- The School of Computing's B.S. in Computer Science program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Physical Education Health and Wellness
- The Corporate/Community Wellness Management program is now accredited by the National Wellness Institute.