The university is very proud of the achievements of the thousands of graduates and attendees who have experienced Southern through the years. Your continued support for your alma mater with your time, talents, and treasure is most appreciated. You are Southern's greatest ambassador!
Here's how you can get more involved:
- provide internships through your business
- recruit and hire Southern graduates
- mentor students and other alumni through the LEAP (Leadership Education through Alumni Partnerships) program
- volunteer to help with special events and projects on and off campus
- pray for God's continued guidance for students, faculty, and staff
- spread the word to potential students about the strong academic programs
- encourage family and friends to attend
- make a lasting impact on future generations by making a gift
Be sure to stay connected to each other and to the university through Southern Community online! Let me know how Southern can best serve you. We value your input and ideas.
With warm Southern wishes,
Evonne Kutzner Crook, ‘79
Director of Alumni Relations
E.A. Anderson Lecture Series (Winter 2016) - Mondays (Jan. 25, Feb. 1, Feb. 8, Feb. 15, Feb. 22, Feb. 29, Mar. 21, Mar. 28, Apr. 4, Apr. 11) at 7 p.m., Brock Hall, Rm. 3205 (complete schedule and lecture descriptions available here). Sponsored by the School of Business and Management. Open to the public. Business attire expected.
E.O. Grundset Lecture Series (Winter 2016) - Thursdays (Jan. 21, Feb. 11, Feb. 25, Mar. 24, and Apr. 7) at 7:30 p.m. in the Hulsey
Wellness Center, Rm 3135 (complete schedule and lecture descriptions available here). Sponsored by the Biology department and open to the public.
Homecoming Weekend 2016 - Thursday, Oct. 27-Sunday, Oct. 30 - Honor classes: 1936, 46, 56, 66, 71, 76, 86, 91, 96, 06. Early highlights include celebration of the 60th anniversary of Southern's nursing program; reunion for former Student Services staff, residence hall deans, and residence assistants (more event details will become available as plans and other activities are confirmed).
We’d love to hear from you, and so would your classmates! Send updates about additions to your family, educational accomplishments, marriage, professional recognitions, or other news you’d like to share.